Friday, June 22, 2012

Saluting Fathers

This post is a salute to all the fathers who led the charge that created memorable experiences for the children of the world.  When you think of a father or significance man in your life, name the aspects of your life that are forever changed by his presence.

Here are some that were shared in a special Father's Day program recently.........

In addition to discipline, my father taught me that: Tilling soil is the first preparation in planting a garden; chivalry is alive and well and in his hands; there is value in women's sports as well as men's; policemen represent helping professionals; he knows who my friends are; saving money could someday save me; painting a window can give a house a facelift;  I matter; in a team effort, someone must lead; I am balanced by his presence; to respect myself and authority; his guidance is much needed in the family; yard work can be fun; time is more important than money; the truth is infallible; and gentleness is a big part of macho behavior.

My father taught me how to: Set goals for my money;  love my mother; to love my siblings; start a 401k account and leave it there; drive a stick shift; build a tree house; cook on the grill; check my car for maintenance; skate; cook eggs many different ways; endear the family with stories of yesteryear; punishment can be as simple as disappointing him; and fathers come in many shapes, sizes and colors.

Life is better when his love is unconditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment