Sunday, November 18, 2012

Adhere to a Higher Awareness (Aha!)




Recently, while facing very challenging consequences, emotionally and financially, I began to seek a higher consciousness of my connection with my Source. Suddenly, I realized a phenomenal idea that I had been taught over the last year. That is, words have vibrations.  Some parts of speech move at a higher level and rate than others. The higher the vibration, the better the outcome in my life.  The lower the vibration, the more disdain I am apt to behold. 

For example, as a result of a most recent situation that presented itself to me, I told myself that I was depressed.  I told others that I was in a “state of depression”.  The challenge was quite strenuous, and I was rather somber for a few days.  Moping about anything for days was unlike my usual mode of operation.  I seemed stuck on this ever-sinking ship. Calling forth my spiritual knowledge, I became an observer of my thoughts.  I came to realize that each time I said or thought the term, “depressed”, I felt worse.  A sick feeling came over me every time the term surfaced.  Aha!  I realized that it was not the situation that was making me feel so badly, but what I thought the situation made me feel.  As long as I labeled myself depressed, I felt that way.  “So”, I thought, I’ll change the term!  What is better than depressed?  Inspired (It could have been enlightened, or blessed, etc...)! 

I made a list, as my minister suggested, of things for which I am grateful.  Inspiration was near the top of the list. I immersed in the thought, “I am inspired”, and instantly felt relief.  I repeatedly thought, “I am inspired.” I began to feel lighter; more free. “That’s it”, I thought. I decided to “adhere to a higher awareness (AHA)” that I control my thoughts, and in turn, my feelings.  Lynn Grabhorn emphasized this idea in Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting (2000).  Yes, my life was patiently waiting for me to vibrate at a higher level, that of gratitude and joy.   I’ll adhere to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment